Wednesday, November 30, 2016

PB&J and Across the Miles

There are several things that just go together.  Peanut butter and jelly, biscuits and gravy, bacon and eggs, yin and yang all are examples.  Of course, there are more, but you get the point.  Today, I sit and look to see a few things and inspiration struck me again.

As I shared how I have felt over the last couple of days, I continue to be in awe of how God is moving.  Sadly, I'm still drained.  Emotionally, I have little left.  My daughter had to sit in class today and discuss this, all while probably crying through the whole class period.  My wife is ready to take her week off and head to Tennessee, simply because she feels helpless.  My son is in disbelief and can't imagine what Michael and Nick are going through.  Yet, emotion aside, I still have hope.

After a brief conversation with my dad, I became curious on how much of an impact Michael's story is making.  Yes, I assured him people know and are praying.  But until I saw it on paper (or blog) I couldn't believe myself.  God simply reminded me that he isn't about to break his promise of being with us as he stated in Matthew 18:20.  "Where 2 or 3 gather..."  I don't see anything about distance between, so maybe I'm taking this with a very broad stroke, but I say we have 2 or 3 (or more) gathered as we wait to hear more from Tennessee.  We wait to hear of a reunion.  But while we wait, lets rejoice in how well we go together, just like a good PB&J (or, despite how far apart we live).  Below is a list of cities that is rallying around the Reed family in prayer, and this is just what I know.

Gatlinbur, TN; Sevierville, TN; Pigeon Forge, TN; Knoxville, TN; Cosby, TN; Kodak, TN; Dickson, TN; Branson, MO; Cincinnati, OH; Phoenix, AZ, Yuma, AZ; Cheyenne, WY; North Myrtle Beach, SC; Stanwood, WA; Marysville, WA; Wonewoc, WI; Denver, CO; Eula, TX; Chancellorsville, VA; Fort Collins, CO; Arlington, WA; Harrington, KS; Glenrock, WY; Burns, WY; Kidjip, Western Highlands, Papua New Guinea; Yukon, OK; Abilene, TX; Jasper, AL; Seattle, WA; Oakman, AL; Boldo, AL; Fultondale, AL; Sumiton, AL; Hoover, AL; Thermopolis, WY; Rathdrum, ID; Chehalis, WA; Longmont, CO; Cody, WY; Salina, KS; Nashville, TN; Rapid City, SD; Wilmington, NC; El Dorado, KS; Wichita Falls, TX; Santa Fe Springs, CA; Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; Taos, NM; St. Louis, MO; Oak Grove, MO; Spring Hill, TN; and this is just that I know.  Now, add in  all 466 K-LOVE radio station cities across the US, the millions of households that watched NBC Nightly News, and CNN, read the NY Times, or stream these outlets, this world becomes very small.  A world that has become family because of word of mouth, and one viral video.

So, we are gathered.  I feel God in our presence.  I feel God lifting our spirits, giving us hope, comforting our souls, and providing our weary bodies rest.

I can't say it enough, but I will one more time.  Thank you!  Your love and support has provided my family and the Reed family more than these two simple words could explain.  We love you.  Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment