Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Year Is...

No, I did not forget the rest of the title to this blog.  I'm leaving that up to you.  You finish the title as you see fit.  I really don't want to finish the title.  No reason other than I just don't want to.  Honestly, I just don't have the energy to define the year.  Oh, and there is a trick to finishing the title.  Well, maybe not a trick, but there are certain dynamics that come to play based on how you finish the title.

Are you an optimist?  If so, you're probably thinking "Finally Here!"  You're expecting great things in 2016.  You're New Year's Eve party is all planned out, guests invited and the stroke of midnight can't get here soon enough.  Even if you aren't planning a party and are just attending one, you still eagerly await the turn of the calendar.

Maybe you have had a rough year.  You've experienced divorce, death, job loss, or something that has shook your foundation.  I envision you saying, "finally over."  I don't blame you.  You're hoping there is no repeat of these events.  As much as you want to hang on to what was, you are desperately trying to begin a new hoping that 2016 brings a renewing that allows you to hang on to the good of 2015 and restore your faith in life/humanity/God.

Of course, there are those of you who hate change.  It doesn't matter what it is that changes, you hate it.  The turn of the calendar causes panic.  You are the ones who finish the title by adding, "sadly over."  It's not that you are sad about anything, you were just comfortable with everything in your life, and 2016 is...well...change.  Something new is coming and you just don't like it, even if something better awaiting you.

Lastly, there's those of you like me.  You're life moves at breakneck speed with days passing by like Jeff Gordon passing you on the track.  The end of the title reads, "Already Gone?"  You're not hating anything, not missing anything and might actually be looking forward to the change.  Like myself, you feel as if you only took one blink this year and all that happened is already in the books.  The memories are blessings, There might be some moments of 2015 you want to relive, but you know that 2016 could certainly replay some of those moments with slight variances.

So, how are you going to finish the title?  I finished my title in the above paragraph.  I look forward to 2016 and the adventure life will bring.  I can't wait to see what God provides in life.  My kids growing still feels like it has just begun, but there is different growth now.  Growth of the adults they are becoming.  I look forward to the fun the spring and summer bring. I know there's events that will happen, and I know there will be things unplanned that will be just as fun.  Reality also holds uncertainty and obstacles that will have to be overcome.  Odd as it may sound, I look forward to those as well.

I pray that 2016 provides you with joy, excitement, growth and opportunity.  Enjoy the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment