Monday, April 20, 2009

Drive With Your Windows Up

I am recommending that all drivers pay attention to this blog. This only pertains to days where there are remains from a massive rain storm or large amounts of snow melt, either of which create really big puddles. Though there be no immenent danger if you don't heed my warning, I do feel it best that you at least consider the consequences of not listening.

I have a 2007 Chevy Avalanche. It is my toy. I enjoy mud, snow, puddles and anything else that could baptize the truck in messiness. Upon sight of large puddles, there seems to be a magnetic force drawing the truck towards said puddles. These puddles are of even more joy when the are a part of the street and no extra deviation from the street is needed. Hence the reason for my warning.

If you are approaching an intersection known for water collection, may I recommend that you at have your window rolled up. At the very least, don't attempt to traverse through the intersection (especially if you don't want to roll up the window) until oncoming traffic (or me in my truck) safely passes through the intersection. If in fact you enjoy your window being rolled down, and you see a vehicle (or a Chevy Avalanche with me behind the wheel), and insist on passing oncoming traffic in the intersection with a very large puddle, rest assured - YOU WILL GET WET.

Again, this is only a suggestion and not mandated. However, if you do not believe me, just ask the poor lady who experienced a shower from my trucks....splash yesterday. Honestly, I had no idea her window was down until it was too late...way too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment